Central Carolina Hospital, a DukeLifepoint Hospital, is a 137-bed acute care hospital that serves the health care needs of Lee County and surrounding communities. With over 120 physicians, the hospital offers a wide range of specialties including cardiology, orthopedics, general surgery, obstetrics, gynecology, otolaryngology, emergency medicine, emergency medical services, gastroenterology, pediatrics, hospitalist services, internal medicine, nephrology, neurology, hematology, urology, podiatry, dentistry, pulmonary medicine, and wound care and hyperbaric medicine. Hospital services include emergency room, physical and occupational therapy, ophthalmology, cardiac rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging and radiology, inpatient and outpatient surgery, dialysis, maternity services, nutritional counseling by clinical dietitians, and diagnostic cardiac catheterization. Central Carolina Hospital was reaccredited by the Joint Commission for a 3 year period in May 2015.
Committed to providing quality care to the community, the hospital has earned numerous disease-specific quality designations:
- American Heart Association Get with the GuidelinesSM Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Heart Failure – January 2017
- American Heart Association Get with the GuidelinesSM Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award for Stroke – January 2017
- American College of Radiology Gold Seal Accredited for Mammography – June 2016 Healogics Center of Distinction for Wound Care – February 2017
- Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Certification – January 2017
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Maternity Care, January 2016
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade “A” – April 2017